Staging your home before you put it on the market is a smart and savvy way to guarantee that it will sell faster and at a higher price. By lightening, brightening, de-cluttering , highlighting the assets and downplaying the challenges of your house, home staging showcases your house at its very best, both online—where 90% of buyers look first before visiting—and for open houses and for showings.
Here are some Home Staging Statistics that show just how effective home staging is in the selling process.
- Home staging helps a house sell 30% faster and closer to the asking price than a non-staged home.
- Staged homes spend 83% less time on the market than non-staged homes.
- Staged homes sell as much as 20% more than non-staged homes.
- Home staging makes it easy for people to imagine living in your house. By showcasing your home's best features & maximizing its appeal, home staging gives you a competitive edge in the real estate marketplace.
- More than 90% of buyers look at homes they found online so it's important that your house have a strong online presence so you can have beautiful interior photos to create a vivid first impression.
- Buyers who find a home online are more likely to request a walk-through it if the house is staged.
- The average staging investment is between 1 and 3% of the home's asking price, which generates a return of 8 to 10%.
- Homes that sell after four weeks on the market sell for 6% less than homes that sell within the first four weeks. Houses that are home staged sell faster than non-staged houses.